Thursday, February 19, 2009

We need a belly-buster

And I am not talking about our waist-line (probably could use one of them also). What I am talking about is a good laugh - and that is today's topic.

There are many recommendations on how to get through all the bad news and economic pressures that we all seem to be facing today. The one sure thing that will get us through all the ups and downs (and actually make us mentally and physically healthier) - is a good laugh.

We have found that creativity at the studio is directly related to the amount of laughter that is generated. Now what kind of pressure can a creative design studio have? Let's see - clients that make up their minds tomorrow but want their designs yesterday or my favorite is "I do not know what I want but I will know it when I see it!" (ugh!).

We have implemented a laughter policy at the studio - everyone needs at least three good belly laughs a day. I do not mean a smirk or a smile - a real bottom of the gut laugh. Try it. It really increases the creative juices and will actually make you sleep better.

So start that joke bulletin board, or do something a little "crazy" and just have a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment